Like most popular social media apps, Facebook offers a dark mode that you can choose to enable for your account. Facebook’s dark mode goes easy on your eyes when you’re scrolling through your feed at night. This article details how you can enable Facebook’s dark theme on the website, Android app, and iPhone app.
Turn on Dark Mode on Facebook (2022)
Enable Dark Mode on the Facebook Website
1. Sign in to your Facebook account and click the down-facing arrow at the top-right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu that appears, choose “Display & accessibility” settings.
2. You will now see the “Dark mode” option under the “Display & accessibility” settings. Choose the “On” toggle to turn on dark mode or select the “Automatic” toggle to use your system-wide dark theme preferences. This way, you can automatically switch to the light and dark themes if you have scheduled dark mode on Windows 11.
Turn on Dark Mode on Facebook App for Android
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the hamburger menu at the right corner in the top navigation bar. Then, scroll down and expand the “Security & Privacy” option and choose “Settings”.
2. In this settings menu, tap on “Dark mode” under the “Preferences” section. Here, you will see the option to enable, disable, or use system settings for dark mode.
3. Choose “Use system settings” if you want Facebook to follow system-wide theme settings. On the other hand, choosing “On” will immediately enable the dark theme on your Facebook app.
Turn on Dark Mode on Facebook App for iPhone
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone, tap the menu icon from the bottom navigation bar, and expand “Settings & Privacy”.
2. Scroll down on the Settings page and tap on the “Dark mode” option. Here, choose “On” to enable dark mode or “System” to use system-wide dark theme preferences.
Switch to Dark Theme on Facebook on Any Device
And there you have it! That’s how you can enable the dark theme while using Facebook on Android, iOS, or the web. If you want to go a step ahead, we have a comprehensive guide that will help you enable the dark theme everywhere. And for more such tips, go through our article on the best Facebook tips and tricks you should know.