Unlock the bootloader of Realme GT Neo 2
realme GT Neo 2 is recently launched by realme back in 2021 to compete with one plus Nord 2 and redmi series smartphones. realme GT neo 2 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G processor with CPU Clock Speed up to 3.2Ghz. realme GT Neo 2 comes with Full HD+ 120Hz E4 AMOLED Display with1300nits Peak Brightness. realme GT Neo 2 comes with 65W SuperDart Charge.
The smartphone comes with realme UI 2.0 onboard based on Android 12. Realme GT Neo 2 has received early access update based on Android 12. If you are realme GT Neo 2 owner and if you are not a fan of realme UI and want to use custom ROMs on your device, then you have to first unlock the bootloader.
If you need to unlock your realme GT neo 2 bootloader, then here is the full guide to unlocking the bootloader.
- Backup all data in advance as all data will be wiped in this process.
- Phone must be charged above 60% .
- You might loose warranty on unlocking bootloader .
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to your device
Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to rooting your phone, unlocking new capabilities, and installing custom ROM, Kernel, and Recovery but it has its own peril like loss of Widevine L1 certification, Safteynet failure, and in extreme cases reduced camera capabilities.
- You need a PC
- Indian variant of Realme GT NEO 2 and USB type C cable
- Device should be on Realme UI 2.0 based in Android 11 with Latest software update installed
- Install the Deep Testing apk on your device
- Open Deep Testing App , read and agree to TOS.
- Click on Apply Now button it will say Application Submitted please wait
- After 10 minutes open Deep Testing App and go to Query Approval Status
- Now hopefully it should say DeepTesting approved (Skip to step 8 if adb&fastboot already installed on system).
- Install adb-fastboot setup (Windows only) on your PC
- Go to C:\adb folder , press shift and right click open Powershell window here .
- In deep testing app after selecting query approval status , tap on start deep testing button Now your phone will reboot to fastboot mode
- Connect phone via USB to PC
- Open power shell window and enter
fastboot devicesthen press enter key (It should show your device name , If it does not then reinstall drivers)
- Now in powershell, enter
fastboot flashing unlockthen press ‘Enter’ key
- Your device will reboot and show warning
- Use volume button to select ‘Yes Unlock Bootloader’
- After this phone will reboot twice don’t do anything and after 5 to 10 minutes your phone will restart with fresh installation , wisely read and agree to terms and complete the setup
- Now your device bootloader is unlocked.