Finally after long wait, realme is rolling out stable realme UI 2.0 update for realme X based on Android 11.
realme had started early access for realme x for limited users. Then after few weeks beta version of realme UI 2.0 update rolled out for beta testers. And now after long wait, stable version of realme UI 2.0 Update is rolling out for all users. The update is rolled out in staged manner and all users will get it in couple of days.
realme had rolled out realme UI 2.0 open beta for realme 7i and realme UI 2.0 early access for realme C15 Qaulcomm Edition, open beta realme X2 , early access for newly launched realme X7 Pro 5G ,realme UI 2.0 stable update for realme 7 Pro, realme 6 Pro also received stable realme UI 2.0.
whats is realme UI 2.0 ??
realme UI 2.0 is realme’s custom skin based on Android 11.
Realme UI 2.0 is fully loaded with exciting new features like improved dark mode, more customizable AOD, Third party icon support and many more system improvements.
Must Know points while updating to realme UI 2.0
- Ensure that you are latest stable firmware available for your device i.e (RMX1901EX_11_C.11 / RMX1901EX_11_C.12)
- Take full backup of your data to prevent data loss if something goes wrong while installing update
- third-party application might not be compatible with Android 11 yet so update all installed app after updating to Android 11
- Make sure your battery should be charged more than 60%
- After the update, it may take a longer time to boot for the first time
- After update, the system will occupy more CPU, memory and other resources, which may cause slight hanging and faster power consumption.
realme UI 2.0 update : changelog
Personalize the user interface to make it your own
• You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
• You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
• Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
• Added “Optimized night charging”: An AI algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
• Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
• You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimized “Auto brightness”
• You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
• Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
Security and Privacy
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
• You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
• Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
• Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.